Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Steeldrivers Lose Mandolin Player Mike Henderson

Music critic darlings and Grammy-nominated bluegrass band The Steeldrivers are losing one of their founding members. Mike Henderson announced yesterday that, after six years, he will be leaving the band. The band anticipates moving forward. This is the second loss of personnel for the band. Former lead singer Chris Stapleton left to concentrate on songwriting shortly before the release of the band's second album Reckless. Former Mercury Records recording artist Gary Nichols replaced him. Below is the letter from Henderson to fans of The Steeldrivers.
Dear Friends and Fans,
It sure has been a great six years, all the sold-out shows, great festivals and two grammy-nominated records of which I will always be very proud. This was all made possible by you, and I thank you from the bottom of a grateful heart. Now, for personal reasons which have nothing to do with my or my family's health or well being, the time has come for me to say goodbye. Don't worry I'll be around and you'll be hearing from me soon. I leave the SteelDrivers in the capable hands of my bandmates and I know they won't let us down as they move forward. I'll always cherish the wonderful memories of getting to meet so many of you great folks. Thanks again and may God bless you all.
Peace & Love,
Mike Henderson

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar